Thank You, Toledo!
We want to thank the entire community for making the 5th annual Toledo Pride the biggest and best event in our history! 18,000 people joined us over the weekend to celebrate diversity, acceptance and unity in Promenade Park in Downtown Toledo.
Toledo Pride 2014 by the numbers:
- Nite Glo 5K and 1 Mile Fun Run, Walk and Roll - Once again, about 400 runners and walkers joined us at the University of Toledo. Congratulations to all of our participants, especially Mathew Dixon and Kristina Vogel, our top male and female finishers!
- KISS ‘N’ Drag - 92.5 KISS-FM helped us officially kick-off the Toledo Pride weekend with KISS ‘N’ Drag. About 1,000 people joined hosts Eric Chase and Deja D. Dellataro, our special guest performer Citro-Nella Kandel (aka the Morning Rush’s Demetrius Nicodemus), DJ 3PM, Amaya Sexton and some of the area’s most talented drag queens and kings to rock the night away. All proceeds benefited the Toledo Northwest Ohio Food Bank.
- Toledo Pride Parade - The Toledo Pride Parade was the longest it’s ever been with record numbers of people lining the streets of Downtown Toledo to watch all of the action. Nearly 50 local businesses, community organizations, LGBT-friendly churches and more took to the streets to show their pride!
- Over 16,000 people and more than 90 food & merchandise vendors, community organizations and more filled Promenade Park on Saturday!
- Live entertainment ran all day long on the Yark Fiat main stage featuring our headliners Rye Rye, Pastele and Eryn Woods, great local bands, drag performances, and more!
- Sandpiper Pride Ride cruises took riders for 4 cruises down the Maumee River while flying a large rainbow flag. Some cruisers were lucky enough to be treated to drag performances right on the boat!
- Sunday Funday saw record attendance with its extended hours and new location at Promenade Park. Over 1,000 people joined in the fun with kids’ games and activities, a climbing wall, performances from Birds Eye View Circus, great bands and drag queens and kings.
We want to thank all of the people who came out to support Toledo Pride, our amazing volunteers, vendors, entertainers, community partners and sponsors (especially Equality Toledo, Project iAm, 92.5 KISS-FM, Fifth Third Bank, Miller Lite, Yark Fiat, Outlook Columbus, Owens Corning, Park Inn, Tarta, Toledo Free Press, Huntington Bank and The Shutter Monkeys) for making Toledo Pride 2014 such a huge success! We couldn’t have done it with out you!